Saturday 24 March 2007

PS3...

today, I finally got the thing I've been all excited about for the past 7 weeks... after a bit of stress of course... this is me we're talking about!... yeh, I ordered my PS3 on the 11th Feb or something from Woolworths, as you know, and the payment wasn't meant to go out till the 22nd March... well, on the 16th Feb or something, I lost my debit card, so it got cancelled, and I got a new one... so, like, the one I ordered my PS3 with, was totally rejected!

I'd completely forgot about it... I was like, "omg, I hope my PS3 doesn't take forever!" to Jon this morning, and he was like, "is there no tracking thing?" or something... so I checked, and there was, and that's were I found out... I was like, "OMG!"... so I phoned em, n then I realised what had happened... obviously, they wouldn't have been able to get one to me today now, so I was muchos peeved!... so, yeh, I cancelled it, and phoned my Dad to see if he would come with me to town to fetch it!

he did!... and I got it!... dunno if I mentioned, but I traded in my PS2 for £56 the other day... so, in the end, my PS3 came to just £439 with Resistance, MotorStorm, and X-Men 3 Blu-ray movie thing!... quite cool considering it's £30 cheaper than what I was paying from Woolies!... and obviously, I noticed I was saving £30... so I thought "hmm, it won't hurt if I buy another game then!"... and that I did!... I also got Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for some reason!

as for the PS3 itself, it's f*cking huge, but also, extremely pretty!... it won't work in HD on my damn TV though, which is annoying, and I'm not sure why... but for the quite short amount of time (due to that assignment I had to finish today) I have played on it, I am quite impressed!... the graphics are ace even though they aren't in HD!... especially on MotorStorm!

the pad isn't as crap as it's been made out... the light-weightness of it isn't a problem, and you barely notice the lack of a rumble pack... I used the motion sensor thing on MotorStorm a bit, but it's really not that ace, far too hard to control, and nowhere near as clever as the Wii remote... but, they give you the option if you wanna use it, which is cool... it's prolly one of them things you gotta get used to, but still...

what else... erm, the set-up is easy and simple... the menu style is really nice, just the same as the PSP, but with lots more options... the shop is quite cool too, simple, and I like the fact that they charge with actual currency rather than points too, it's so much easier... the only 2 prices I can remember are Lemmings for £3.49, and Teken 5 for £6.99... which are kinda reasonable I think!

speaking of online stuff... me and Chris tested it out earlier!... Marvel, we had no problem setting up, and I thought it was quite cool, but I think Chris found it boring!... however, we did have a bit of trouble setting up Resistance, but I think that was more down to our retardedness, hehe, and it worked in the end anyways... also, quite cool!... love the fact that I'm not stuck having to pay £40 or whatever it is a year as well, cos free stuff is cool, and I pay for the net anyways, so I shouldn't have to pay to use the net that I pay for!

oh, I heard today there's gonna be a price drop of them in October to £389.99 I think it was... see, if they were that price originally, I don't think Gamestation would have still had 45 in stock at 10:00 this morning... but, hey, that coulda meant I wouldn't have had one, hehe... the 20GB one is coming out too for £299.99 or something... I don't recall what it's missing though apart from 40GB and the HDMI hole thing...

anyways, generally, I am happy with my PS3, it is ace, and could potentially end up being my favourite, as long as the games are good, which I've no doubt they will be, and that they sort their backwards compatibility out so I can play 24 and Silent Hill 3!

ooo, that filled some time n took my mind off stuff... Mom's just phoned me though, and Louise is ok, n they're on their way back, she's just in shock, so s'ok!... :-)

No comments: